Thursday, January 14, 2010







I love Summer ♥. The sunshine is so invigorating! I love to walk the beach, collecting shells and driftwood...I have containers full of them all sizes, all types, from places i have travelled. As i already have a large collection of shells, I tend to leave most of them on the shore nowadays. It also seems that it is one extra thing to carry home when you are loaded up like a pack horse with all the kids beach toys, towels, etc..
So, it is nice to be able to do something with all those collected shells! Here I have painted a frame and decorated with shells, and a few butterflies. I have added flowers and swirls to the inset of the frame, by simply using craft punches and matching paper.
The Bath soap caddy, was a wooden box that i painted cream, added some soft pink paper by using double sided tape, a starfish, shell and some ribbon. The letters are self adhesive and i just popped on some more cream paint to match the box...easy and quick fun!
Baskets and vases of shells are also great for decorating a room, and i know they have all been personally hand picked by me so that makes it more sentimental.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment