Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have recently created the name Me-O-Mi for the label of my crafty creations. Why Me-O-Mi you say? It was difficult to come up with a name, that would describe my creations and the variety of things i like to make. I love handmade items and textures and colours.



As a little girl i could not say my middle name Marie, so called myself Leesa Mio..so when this thought popped into my mind recently, i toyed around with the letters of the name. Me (as in myself) and O-Mi as in the name Mio but jumbled around. I also like the idea of the name as the expression "Oh My!" So, Me-O-Mi it is, and in general it is a label that says My Creations.

I find that when i get an idea i just have to create it! The adrenalin rushes and i have to do it now (or as soon as i can). I have many ideas, but having the products on hand all the time is another thing, and like most hobbies they cost money but, i do try to create from the materials that i have on hand. It also helps me to be more creative and use my imagination.



Being blessed with 2 boys, has not given me the chance to share the feminine things that i liked as a girl. I love making pretty beaded things and have recently begun beading again, which is a fantastic outlet for me..being a busy Mum.


I have always been creative and done many markets, fairs, fetes etc..over the years with friends and to sell the things i have made. I have created this blog for a bit of fun and to share my latest creations with family and friends.


These are a few things I have made recently:












No comments:

Post a Comment